Guernsey Race Club Day
06 May 2019
11:00 am - 7:00 pm
Come and enjoy the sport of Kings and Queens at the 189th Guernsey horse race meeting.
Since 1830, Guernsey has been the home of an annual horse race meeting and the date of this year’s meeting is Monday 6 May.
Hospitality tickets can now be booked at £50 per person.
The hospitality marquee, with panoramic views of L’Ancresse Race Course, will open from 11am and offer:
– fully licenced private bar open until 7pm
– seated three course lunch
– dedicated Tote for the placing of bets
– big screens to watch the live action from the racecourse
– printed race card with all the details of the races, runners, riders and trainers
– free entry to the race course
– free parking at L’Ancresse Common, on a first come, first served basis
Tickets are available on an individual basis or tables of 8, 10 and 12 can be booked. To book your tickets or a table, please complete and return the booking form in the right hand column.
The day comprises five races, between 2.15pm and 4.35pm, with horses from Guernsey, Jersey and the UK taking part. The official announcer and commentator will be Mark Johnson, a regular visitor to Guernsey and who recently commentated for Racing UK at this year’s Cheltenham Festival.
“Guernsey has enjoyed a long history of horse racing on the island and the Guernsey Race Club is proud that it has been organising this event since 1976” said vice president Thady Griffith. “Each year we and the organising committee are always taken aback by how popular the Guernsey Race Club Day is with islanders and visitors alike enjoy the thrill and competitive spirit of what is often called the Sport of Kings and Queens.”