Island Enterprise Awards
02 Sep 2019 - 06 Feb 2020
9:00 am - 11:30 pm
The new Island Enterprise Awards is a flagship awards programme specific to the world of successful businesses in Guernsey and the individuals who make those companies thrive.
Successful businesses are the lifeblood of the economy in the Bailiwick Guernsey. The Bailiwick needs a strong economy; one that is robust and with sufficient inbuilt expert skills, experience and energy to respond quickly and proactively to prevailing market forces, the external political environment and changing customer demand.
Every year established businesses in Guernsey are winning awards on national and regional platforms. These are complemented by new companies, representing myriad commercial sectors, which are launched thanks to business entrepreneurialism and customer demand.
From start to finish the new Island Enterprise Awards will:
- Project the energy and the diversification of the commercial landscape in the Bailiwick of Guernsey
- Culminate in an evening of celebration and aspiration that quickly establishes itself a reputation of being the single largest most prestigious event in the Guernsey calendar
The 2019 Island Enterprise Awards comprise of six awards, each specific to a different aspect or attribute of
- Innovation & Enterprise Award – sponsored by BWCI
- Island Small Business of the Year – sponsored by Grant Thornton
- Business Community Spirit Award – sponsored by Butterfield
- Young Business Achiever of the Year – HSBC
- Director of the Year – sponsored by the Institute of Directors (Guernsey)
- Business of the Year – sponsored by Specsavers
Each award category will have an independent panel of judges who have specific skills and experience in their award category.
Workshop and networking events will sound the starting gun of each year’s programme in September, with entries and nominations being submitted in early November. There is no charge to enter the Island Enterprise Awards.
A short list will be announced at the end of November with final presentations to the judging panels in December and early January. The Celebration Evening, where all Island Enterprise Award winners will be announced, will take place on Thursday 06 February 2020 at the Duke of Richmond Hotel.
For more information and a timeline for submissions please visit the event website
Representatives from our event sponsors l to r: Cyril Swale (Grant Thornton), Carrie Ng (HSBC), Roy McGregor (IoD Guernsey), Stephen Ainsworth (BWCI),
Jo Delbridge (Specsavers), Emily Edwards (Butterfield)