Company Registration: 49662
We at The Guernsey Event Company Limited take the privacy of anyone involved with, or participating in, our events very seriously and therefore we have set out this policy to state our position regarding your data privacy.
This policy covers all the data that is shared with us on www.eventguernsey.com (or from any other dedicated websites for our events) and explanations on what happens to any personal data you provide to us, or that is obtained via this website or by email sent to us directly.
The policy covers any means to access the website, whether through a phone, computer or tablet and will provide information about:
- How we use your data;
- What personal data we collect;
- How we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- Your legal rights relating to your personal data.
YOUR INFORMATION AS PERSONAL DATA
We view personal data as the following:
- Name, identification numbers, location data and online identifier(s); these relating to both automated and manually filed data, electronic and physical.
There are many more data categories but we list these as they are the only ones currently captured by us that pertain to you.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use various pieces of your personal information in different ways, sometimes with two or more functions, see the below tables for our explanations on why we process that data.
Name & contact details
- To deliver electronic correspondence, promotional flyers, event invitations or tickets.
- To send you updates by text or email and perform our contract with you.
- For fraud prevention and detection. To prevent and detect fraud against you or The Guernsey Event Company Ltd.
- Send you information about our events and services by email, text or post. To keep you up to date. We only send this with your permission.
- To keep you up to date with our latest events and offers.
- Find out more about what you and other customers like. To offer personalised and relevant experience.
- Take payment and give refund. To perform our contract with you.
- Fraud prevention and detection. To prevent and detect fraud against you or The Guernsey Event Company Ltd
Event attendance history & wish list items
- Sell events planned, organised and executed by The Guernsey Event Company Limited online. To perform our contract with you.
- Find out more about what you and other spectators, participants or event partners like. To offer personalised and relevant experience.
- Fraud prevention and detection. To prevent and detect fraud against you or The Guernsey Event Company Limited.
- For customer service and to manage returns. To perform our contract with you.
Your contact history with us
- For customer service. To perform our contract with you
- Train our customer care team. To deliver the best possible customer experience.
Your response to surveys, competitions and promotions
- To conduct either pre-event or post event surveys, competitions and promotions and perform our contract with you.
You do not have to provide any personal information to us, and we will cover how you can opt in and out of certain specifics that may not be absolutely necessary to provide a service to you.
SHARING DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
We do not sell, and will not sell, any of your personal data to Third Parties. The only exception is Law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies.
We will only send you marketing messages with your permission. If you wish to receive marketing messages from us, we will keep you updated by email, text or post.
It is important to note that Marketing messages do not include service messages or customer care communications.
If you do not wish to receive any further email messages from us, you can:
- Click on the unsubscribe link in any email marketing; OR
- Contact our Customer Care team.
If you do not wish to receive any further posted mailings from us, you can contact our Customer Care team, but you will need to provide confirmation of your name and postal address.
We engage in online advertising to keep you aware of what we are up to and to help you see and find our events more easily, based on you.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We will keep the following types of data for the stated lengths:
- Standard, 6 years
- Where fraud and/or enforcement is involved, up to 20 years
Name, Email and Postal Addresses
- As long as you are involved with, participate in any of the events planned, organised and executed by The Guernsey Event Company Limited or until such time that you either unsubscribe from one of our emailing lists or expressly state that you no longer wish to receive information from us.
- As long as ordered, in a bid to; resolve disputes, prevent fraud/abuse, enforce terms and conditions
According to GDPR you have all your rights to do any of the following to your personal information:
- Rights to be informed: about how we are handling your personal data and where it is going.
- Rights to rectify: correct inaccuracies of data extending to incomplete data rectification.
- Rights to be forgotten: destroy physical data, delete electronic data; extending to that of where data is passed to a third party we are directly liable.
- Rights to restrict/withdraw consent: when you would like to contest your data’s accuracy; if we process your data unlawfully but you do not want to be fully forgotten; if we no longer need your data but you would like to begin or defend a legal claim(s); if agreements are being made in terms of the other rights.
- Rights to Data Portability: when you would like a copy of all the data we hold about you, agreements of how it will be provided settled on request.
- Rights to Object: when you have reason to stop us processing your data based on our processes, such as cancelling the sending of marketing materials.
- Rights to Object to Supervisory Authority: when you would like to take a case to a data protection regulator
- Rights to Appropriate Decision Making: when The Guernsey Event Company is not making decisions on your behalf based purely on automated procedures and to give you the power to actively have choice over the processing.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact our Customer Care team.
HOW YOU CAN HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA
The Guernsey Event Company Ltd will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email or any other means such as Direct Messaging/Instant Messaging extending to that of Social Media Sites, over the phone or Web/Phone applications extending to that of instances like Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger.
If you receive an email claiming to be from The Guernsey Event Company Limited asking you to do so, please do not respond then get in touch with our Customer Care team, as this will help us to protect everyone in the future.
Public computer or device
If you are using a computer/phone device in a public location and/or on a public Wi-Fi, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to The Guernsey Event Company Limited and more generally:
Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anyone who knows your password has an increased chance to be able to access your device.
When creating a password:
- Use at least 8 characters; a combination of letters, numbers and symbols too, this will increase strength and decrease an attacker’s ability to crack.
- Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained and/or guessed.
- We also recommend that you frequently change your password
We may change this page from time to time to reflect how we are processing your data, if we make significant changes we will make it clear on The Guernsey Event Company Limited website and any of our other websites, or by some other means of contact to the best of our ability.
If you have any questions or feedback about this policy, would like us to stop using your information, want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a criticism, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have and are trained at dealing with any personal data matters.
If you would prefer to write to us then our contact address is:
The Guernsey Event Company Limited
4th Floor, 4 Market Street
St Peter Port
Guernsey GY1 1HF
Alternatively, you can telephone on + 44 (0) 1481 728686 or email email@example.com
As we understand it is important to recognise physical information counts in our policy, we will shred any documents that contain personal data as well as providing the same rights to physical information as electronic.
Last updated: 24 May 2018